Geisinger Health System – Lewistown, PA
Geisinger Medical Center is central Pennsylvania’s only comprehensive stroke center, and Level I Trauma center. They are equipped to provide complex critical care for patients suffering from life-threatening injuries and complex psychiatric care. The psychiatry and behavioral health professionals offer support and services that can help you overcome mental health conditions or addiction. The system offers coordinated care and treatment, support from a team of case managers and social workers.
- Total of 14-bed Inpatient adult unit including admits and discharges
- Single coverage daily
- 9-hour shifts daily
- 10 am - 7 pm Easter Time
- Tele-Health services
- Maintain regular communication with the Psychiatry Department Chair, Chief of Inpatient Services and other administrative personnel
- Night call coverage supported by a team physician
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Attractive 401K and Company Match
- PTO & CME Accrual
- Located along the Juniata River, Lewistown is steeped in history and numerous outdoor pursuits. The town is proud of its Civil War heritage as it’s the home of the Logan Guards, one of only five companies to share the honor of being the first U.S. troops to be sent to the capital to answer President Lincoln’s call. Monument Square, situated in the middle of town, serves as a home to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, a stone from Lincoln’s tomb and a mural, all honoring the Logan Guard. The downtown area is home to many historic structures including the historic courthouse, Embassy Theatre, McCoy House and the Stone Arch Bridge. Its natural setting is great for fishing, hunting, hiking, biking and walking. Located just of Route 322, Lewistown is situated a short distance from Penn State.