San Luis Obispo County – San Luis Obispo, CA
San Luis Obispo County provides integrated mental health services to adults and older adults with a serious mental illness and serious emotional disturbance. The county works in collaboration with the community to provide services necessary to improve and maintain the health and safety of individuals and families affected by mental illness and/or substance abuse. Services are designed to assist in the recovery process to achieve the highest quality of life by providing culturally competent, strength based coupled with client and family centered strategies utilizing best practices. This includes wrap around services to help residents with an intensive case management team that works with program participants on a variety of rehabilitation services.
Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF)
- 16-bed PHF (the only PHF facility in San Luis Obispo County)
- 16-hour shifts (7 AM - 11 PM) in the PHF, 7 days per week
- 4-hours in the ED, seeing emergent medication needs of open cases from any clinic, 7 days per week
- Daily hospital consults via telepsychiatry to assess patients who have been placed on a 5150 hold
- Daily shift report
- Daily rounds on all PHF patients
- Treatment Team meetings on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays
- Peer Review - review of chart notes of Medical Staff
- Licensed to provide 72 hours of psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Subsequent 14 day holds may be enacted if the individual continues to meet medical necessity criteria.
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive 401K and Company Match
- San Luis Obispo is a city in California’s Central Coast region. On Mission Plaza, the Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa is a 1700s Spanish mission with a museum. Nearby, pieces of chewed gum cover the walls of Bubblegum Alley. Vendors selling produce, flowers and food take over Higuera Street for the Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market. The San Luis Obispo Museum of Art focuses on work by contemporary California artists.