Santa Clara Valley Medical Center – San Jose, CA
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center is a 574-bed acute care public teaching hospital affiliated with Stanford University Medical School. TBH supports the Santa Clara County Main Jail Complex Main Jail is a third-generation correctional facility that uses the direct supervision model, with a capacity designed to house up to 854 inmates. In this environment, 2-3 officers oversee a locked "module" or dormitory with up to 64 inmates. Some of the units are special management units with a lower capacity. Cases are similar to county population. The inpatient unit cases are similar to other acute psychiatric inpatient units in the community.
Detention Booking Services (Intake Unit)
- 16-hour shifts daily, provide 20 days off per month
- Shift times are 7am – 11pm
- Average caseload of 7-14 cases per shift
- In case the acute inpatient unit is not fully covered (3 psychiatrists) the booking psychiatrist will help cover the acute inpatient unit for 10 hours and can later continue in booking.
- Covers psychiatric patients arrested to provide initial evaluation, start or continue treatment, and admit to the inpatient unit if necessary.
- Access to clinical social worker to triage less acute patients when unit becomes busy
- Provide clinical support in the inpatient unit as needed
- $375,000.00 Annually for Full-Time (40 hours per week) W-2 Employees
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Attractive 401K and Competitive Company Match
- Generous Annual Bonuses
- PTO and CME Accrual
- San Jose is notable as a center of innovation, for its affluence,Mediterranean climate, and extremely high cost of living. As of June 2021, the city has the highest percentage of million-dollar (or more) homes in the United States. Its location within the booming high tech industry as a cultural, political, and economic center has earned the city the nickname "Capital of Silicon Valley". San Jose is one of the wealthiest major cities in the United States and the world, and has the third-highest GDP per capita in the world (after Zürich, Switzerland and Oslo, Norway). San Jose lies between the San Andreas Fault, and the Calaveras Fault. San Jose is shaken by moderate earthquakes on average one or two times a year.